I love using a big monster food processor like my Magimix to really speed up meals. It makes meal prep SO fast and simple; it’s quite amazing how much time you save when you don’t have to chop things up by hand!
This fast Raw Apple & Walnut Salad is the perfect accompaniment to any meal (or even just by itself). If you’re doing The Whole Food Guide, then you can have this during the Cleanse Phase OR even during the Reset Phase if you leave out the walnuts and reduce or omit the olive oil too.
With the new year underway, I thought that a nice, fresh salad would be a great recipe to share with you. Don’t worry, I’ll have plenty of sweet treats coming up too, but for now it’s time to get your body nourished and recover from all the festive food! (If you’re after a real kick-start then check out The Whole Food Guide too).
Whip up this easy raw apple & walnut salad super fast in a food processor and you’ll feel ever so virtuous after eating it!
- 1 large green apple
- 10 brussel sprouts
- 1 baby fennel bulb
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 1 cups walnuts
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tsp ground mustard (or seeded mustard)
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Using a food processor, slice apple, mushrooms and fennel finely (cut it into quarters first). Remove from food processor into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, using the fine grater disc on the food processor, grate the brussel sprouts and add to the mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to mix up the salad.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad and massage through with your hands again.
- Add the walnuts to serve.