One of our gorgeous WFG Coaches Kath shared these delicious, fudgy Bean Brownies with me and I had to share them with you in time for Easter! ~ Zoe
Hey there! Kath here, from Simply Nourished You. I’m a self-confessed foodie and love recreating favourites to ensure big and little bodies are nourished daily!
With Easter right around the corner our sweet tooths are perking up ready to go into complete indulgence mode. And lucky for us in Australia in means a 4 day weekend (woohoo) which means 4 days of fun, food and bulk chocolate! 😉
What I love about Easter
- Delicious food
- All the celebrations
- and of course, all the chocolate!
What I don’t love so much about Easter
- That bloated feeling of “OMG way too much food and chocolate”
- The sugar crash
- That realisation “How did I put on 5kg in one weekend?!”
You got those feels, too?
The truth is, I am a self confessed chocolate lover! So I’m always looking for a way to make chocolate “Healthy” steering away from our common sugar loaded Cadbury bars.
That’s when these Bean Brownies came about!
- 1 tin organic kidney beans
- ½ avocado
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 organic eggs
- ⅓ cup honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Optional – add in ½ cup chopped
- walnuts or brazil nuts.
- Prepare brownie tin by lining with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and cook at 180°C for 25 minutes.