I’m not sure I can ever top this Vegan Cookies and Cream Smoothie. It’s that good. There’s just something about the ol’ cookies n’ cream flavour combination. Maybe because it reminds me of growing up in Canada eating Oreos with milk as a treat.
It’s decadent yet not heavy in your stomach (dairy free!), rich in flavour yet still full of nourishing, whole food ingredients. It’s pretty much the perfect treat smoothie ever. It’s definitely John’s absolute favourite now – there has been daily requests.
And if I’m being honest, I think it might be my favourite too.
I made this at the recent Healthy Foodie Afternoon event – because the girls had seen it on my Instagram and requested it … and I’m not one to deny a delicious smoothie! It was a big hit and had to share this on the blog because I promised I would give them the recipe (you’re welcome ladies!).
Anyway, I’m going to stop typing now and just share this amazingly yummy smoothie with you.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 sachet Vanilla Complete
- 3 tbsp Coyo coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1-2 cups coconut/almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Raw chocolate (for 2 serves)
- 50g organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Slice and freeze your bananas overnight.
- Make the raw chocolate by melting the coconut oil over low heat, then whisking in the raw cacao powder and rice malt syrup until smooth.
- Pour into a tray lined with baking paper and set in the fridge. Once set, break into chunks and store in the freezer in an airtight container.
- To make the smoothie, add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender, except the raw chocolate. Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add a few chunks of the raw chocolate (as much as you dare!) and pulse until you have small pieces throughout the smoothie. Don't blend it totally smooth.
- Pour into glasses or jars and top with shredded coconut and extra raw chocolate or cacao nibs.